[Theforum] inventory

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Sun Feb 24 18:53:50 CST 2002

> IMO, we need to sweeten the pot for people who pay. Give them something
> extra for their money. Just a little bit more; not the world. It's a

As Ron said, Dan has ensured that the pot is already pretty damn sweet!

> psychological thing. People will feel more inclined to "donate" if they
> think they're getting *something* out of it. It's like those TextAds on
> MetaBurger, er, MetaFilter.

What about 'hosted members who've made the donation are eligible for
promotion on the WEO frontdoor and MEO frontdoor'. Most people seem to have
their play space and then their resume, and they'd certainly like their
resumes promoted...

BTW, Martin -- regarding the slashdot.org stuff, I'm not sure why they don't
throw in banner ads (TextAds at least!) every 5-10 comments. I would bet
that they'd be successful, not too instrusive, and could be tailored to each
story.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au