[Theforum] RE: fundraising/hosting

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 25 15:00:30 CST 2002

> From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>
[...]
> my idea was for a 12-13 month calendar that only used 1 or two tips
> per month(getting permission from 300+ people would be a bit of an
> issue i thnk).  the main problem i had was coming up with 12-13
> pictures to go with each of the months.

if we skip the <tip>-a-day (which, btw, i can propose up the stream
to the publishers of the evolt case study, if everyone's cool with
that), then i had been thinking of a monthly themed calendar...

january -- trends
february -- type
march -- accessibility
april -- design
may -- SSIs
june -- CSS
july -- security
august -- browsers
september -- blogs
october -- cuts of meat
november -- top articles of 2002
december -- member photo bonanza

er... something like that... each month would have <tip>s,
abstracts from articles, URLs, sites listed, etc...

> it's not as easy for us as for the "2002's 12 Most Adorable Kittens"
> calendar, for example. they only have to put up 12 pics of kittens and
> yarn. so, thats where i see it being stuck. anyone have suggestions?

one gratuitous "hang in there" photo with the kitten hanging from
the branch...

> maybe evolt gathering pics?

too narrow of a market...