[Theforum] RE: fundraising/hosting

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Mon Feb 25 17:44:59 CST 2002

On Monday, February 25, 2002, at 07:00  pm, Daniel J. Cody wrote:

> i'm not sure about that kind of cautious timeline.. the sister company
> of
> starkmedia is a printing company, and they were finishing up 2002
> calendars in November.

Finishing then because you'll have real problems selling them if
you finish *any* later. IOW that's the absolute final, final end of the
possible print window.

> it's not like we'd be doing 50,000 of these or anything, so worrying
> about
> suppliers is a bit premature IMO.

If I'm a calendar printer, and my main printing season goes September -
November, no way am I risking pissing off my major customers by slotting
in some tiny little job from an unknown little org which probably won't
even
make me any money.

Those spaces on the presses will be booking now. A lot will be booked
up 2, 3 *years* in advance.

Yes, the timeline is cautious. But that's how you design timelines.

> I've noticed lots of reasons *NOT* to do some of the ideas that've been
> brought up in the last couple days, and thats too bad.

Sorry, Dan, you misunderstand me. It was more of a "Don't let
this slip, get started *now*" thing.

(the one who does Project Management and has a wee bit of
print production experience, particularly with predictable Xmas
deadlines)

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,