[Theforum] fundraising again.

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Thu Feb 28 23:07:16 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>

| maybe running with the 'donation day' fundraiser or telethon type deal?

Yes .. I think we should do this *very* soon.

I'm not really sure how to do this .. do others have ideas ?  Anyone want to
create some buttons (or *adverts*) that we can place on the site?  (Should
we add a ($) icon beside the three we have already?)

What about the web hosting for meo accounts ?  Is now the time to make a
decision which route we want to go?  Do we want to start charging for this
service?  Even a small amount would help greatly offset the costs.  What
about $5/month ($60/year x 1000 members = $6,000 = 6 months of hosting)
[Yes, I realize we will probably lose some meo account members.]

Personally, I don't like the idea of charging for content .. and I'm not
sure how we could charge a membership fee... i.e. membership for what?
access to weo?  sign up on thelist (what happens to the archives?) ... etc.

Mich