[Theforum] Rates

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Fri Mar 1 11:39:10 CST 2002

Folks,

Been having a quick look at the different rates.

PayPal

2.9% + 30 cents each transaction

They also offer recurring charges, which means they will automatically
invoice for recurring expenses, such as charges one a year.  Can download
transaction statements in comma-delimited file.

CCNow

over $100/month - 9% total sales (plus 9.95/month charge) [International
payments are at 11% with a $11.95/month charge]  (no percentage charges if
under $100 in that month - only monthly charge applies)  Tracking of sales
available.

Amazon Honour System

15% + 15 cents each transaction

Any other companies we should look at ?

Providing I did the math right this time .. using $15 as a base, evolt's
take-home amounts would be:

PayPal = $14.27
CCNow = $13.65 (US) or $13.35 (Intl.) [plus 9.95 or 11.95 monthly charge
regardless]
Amazon = $12.60

Thoughts ??

Is $15/year going to be enough to cover our bandwidth/hosting costs for the
next year?  What percentage of our 1,000 current meo account members will
drop off and not pay for the service?

Dan, how much room is there to grow with the $1,000/month charge?  Will that
last us a while, or are we close to needing to expand our hosting/bandwidth
plan?

Mich