[Theforum] fundraising again.

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Mar 1 16:04:55 CST 2002

On Friday, March 1, 2002, at 05:57  am, Michele Foster wrote:

> And, yes, I like your idea of $15/year.  (or whatever value we decide
> upon)

So do I - it's like Honest Money in a business relationship.
It's not significant, but it means you're serious.

There was something on thelist long those lines:

http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20020204/052863.html

"A slight digression which ties back into web design questions: Derek
Powazak in "Designing for Community" remarks that a barrier to entry
often makes for a better community. The idea behind it is by placing a
barrier in front of people, you weed out those whose interest is only
casual, and those who might be there just to cause trouble. Also, by
having to pass that barrier, the people in the community are more
committed to making the community work. It's sort of like "Earnest
money" in a financial transaction. Make the barrier too high and no one
comes in, so the community fails; make it too low and too many come in
and the community gets fractious and tears itself apart. "

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,