[Theforum] three mousepad designs

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Tue Mar 19 08:06:21 CST 2002

I'll still take the 3 I signed up for - whatever design gets selected.

FWIW - I prefer Jeff's design.

Adrian's reminds me of the IWW - [Industrial Workers of the World - a
rather 'militant' labor organization union back in the 30's or so when
they actually did stand on soapboxes on streeet corners to spout their
rhetoric].  The design is kitsch and kinda cool -- but I'm old enough to
have talked to some 'wobblies' in person and been given the 'remember
Joe Hill' speech - so, for me, {even though I *like* a lot of the CCC
era art and sculptures} this one carries some negative connotations.
[But that's just me - and as I said - I'd take 'em anyway!]

RonL.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel J. Cody [mailto:djc at members.evolt.org]

the design won't be a showstopper, and don't mind at all. it looks like
jeff, who wont preorder, and elfur, who isn't ordering, object to the
fist design, but two other people have said they'd pick up the slack for
the fists if jeff drops his pre-order. no one objects to the other
designs
either, making it all even.