[Theforum] a p3p policy for evolt.org?

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Thu Apr 4 14:44:42 CST 2002

one thing we've never really had is a decent privacy policy for people
who give their names and email addresses to use when they sign up for an
acccount on www.evolt.org

with the p3p being a W3 standard for a few months now, and browsers like
IE 6 and mozilla starting to implement it, is it a good time to get
going on this?

i've got started on a general privacy statement for us, and wondering if
anyone is willing to provide feedback. its a pretty standard(and dry)
recommendation, just wondering what people think.
http://members.evolt.org/djc/evolt/p3p.html

if its cool, i can generate an xml file from that which p3p enabled
browsers will read when they visit our site just like robots read a
robots.txt file

more info about p3p is available at http://www.w3.org/P3P/details.html

gracias

.djc.