[Theforum] Redesign

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Mon Apr 8 12:21:09 CDT 2002

On Monday, April 8, 2002, at 05:09  pm, javier velasco wrote:

>>> Did you have any thoughts (I can't remember) on my redesign concept?
>>>
>>> http://members.evolt.org/isaac/evolt/redesign3.gif
>>>
> isaac, sorry for chiming in so late

Me too (been away from theforum for about a month until the
other night through hols and pressure of work).

I like it a *lot*.

Do all those dotted lines imply that this is a CSS-P design?
18 months on from the last time we made a decision about
that, I think CSS-P's probably OK for our audience.

I get what you're doing with highlighting the current section
in the black bar, but higher contrast for accessibility reasons
would probably be good (see the recent discussion on thechat
for the range of vision we're talking about)

Will we need to produce highlight images for articles?
Could there be a stock of images to supplement article-specific
ones for when the article doesn't lend itself to illustration -
say one for each programming language, one for each
section or something?

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,