[Theforum] polite knives (was: Re: (was) let's kill it, kill, kill, kill!)

Miriam Frost miriam at members.evolt.org
Thu Apr 18 09:40:06 CDT 2002

> >  I've seen a shocking number of polite knives.
> wazzat?
> i can venture a guess, but that's new to me...

'Cause I made it up! :-)
I meant "attacks that are disguised as legitimate discourse or complimentary
comments." EXTREME example, "Oh, that's a nice sweater you're wearing. You
look much less fat." (I went to an all-girls Catholic high school, trust me
I'm an _expert_.)

Helping you be more polite,*
Miriam

*See that subtext? "Helping you be more polite, 'cause you're a rude
bastid!"