[Theforum] What do you want to do ? Faster, evolt, kill kill!

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Thu Apr 18 15:17:10 CDT 2002

aardvark wrote:

>>From: Ron Dorman <rwd at csi1st.net>
>>
>>>can one person pull the plug?
>>>
>>Of course they can.  See my response to Erika under new subject: Is
>>this the Problem?
>>

>i think it is... one person has complete control over everything...  i
>don't think dan would do it, that would be childish and he's a good
>person... but i am inherently unsettled when one person has
>complete control over it all -- domain names, servers, lists,
>bandwidth, hardware, etc., etc...

I agree that we need backups, and backups to the backups.  Dan has
several people in those roles now and I feel confident that we will be
fine while we get things in order.

My main point in my response to Erika is that there is too much of this
"Dan in charge" crap going on and it has distracted from what really
needs to be done.  People have begun to focus on issues and details that
would be handled by getting organized and cooperative.  Cooperative is
the key word I think.

I think Michele's idea would be a good start in the direction or
organizing.  I don't care where it gets done, just that we do it in a
cooperative way that us volunteers involved in it are comfortable
working with.

In-fighting and dissent has to go away.  This has to be done with open
minds looking for good solutions.

>>We better get a handle on this soon!
>>

>agreed...

How about we have a cease-fire until Dan returns from vacation?  I don't
think these things should be going on without his participation.

Ron D.

Ron D.