[Theforum] What do you want to do ? Faster, evolt, kill kill!

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 18 15:50:54 CDT 2002

> From: Ron Dorman <rwd at csi1st.net>
[...]
> I agree that we need backups, and backups to the backups.  Dan has
> several people in those roles now and I feel confident that we will be
> fine while we get things in order.

not everyone feels that confidence... i know i didn't until i saw the
list of people helping out, and then i lost confidence in a different
way...

> My main point in my response to Erika is that there is too much of
> this "Dan in charge" crap going on and it has distracted from what
> really needs to be done.  People have begun to focus on issues and
> details that would be handled by getting organized and cooperative.
> Cooperative is the key word I think.

i think the problem is that too many people perceive a roadblock to
that happening... i myself have taken that approach on admin, tried
to help consolidate and move responsibilities *away* from admin on
 many occassions...  but when it comes time to grant access, or
provide information on who has it, it seems the information isn't as
forthcoming as some would like... again, few people outside of dan
knew who had access while he's away, a few of them didn't even
know they had access...

past experience is the buzzkill here...

> I think Michele's idea would be a good start in the direction or
> organizing.  I don't care where it gets done, just that we do it in a
> cooperative way that us volunteers involved in it are comfortable
> working with.

you mean the list?  already started, might as well add to it now
while everyone likes the idea...

> In-fighting and dissent has to go away.  This has to be done with open
> minds looking for good solutions.

it seems to me that's what's going on, but you can't erase past
experience with a wave of the hand...

[...]
> How about we have a cease-fire until Dan returns from vacation?  I
> don't think these things should be going on without his participation.

i've been absent from some pretty important stuff here, some of
directly related to my perceived duties with evolt...  and we've got
momentum... no reason for one person's absence to halt it, it never
has before...

we're not *doing* anything anyway, just talking this all through...