[Theforum] Summary of the entire discussion

Brian King BKing at Impact-Technologies.com
Tue Apr 23 10:28:17 CDT 2002

Applause! +1

I think that you have captured a number of points/issues that have not been
embodied in the current wiki(s).
If everyone to a step back, and a deep breath, and read the synopsis that
you have written through.  I think it would give everyone a fresh
perspective on the situation.

I personally feel, (I stress the word personally and modify it with
opinion), that it is important to include a bit of philosophy in a nuts and
bolts description of operations.  It adds the flavor and more importantly
the intent of the rules/standards as described.  I have seen too many cases
where, after the fact,  people digress into arguments regarding the
intention of a standard or rule, when a short description as to why it was
written to begin with would have short-circuited the argument.  Based on the
last couple of weeks worth of discussions, that's no small part of the
problem that is trying to be addressed.
Look at it like a Mission Statement with some extra meat in it.  What is
Evolt setting out to do?  Why are these things important?  How did they
become important?

Brian

Those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it.