[Theforum] Summary of the entire discussion

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 23 10:49:08 CDT 2002

> From: "Peter-Paul Koch" <gassinaumasis at hotmail.com>
[...]
> So I summarized the entire discussion at
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/evolt/summary.html . Feel free to copy this
> to a wiki, at the moment I'm not sure how one works and whether I have
> any rights to add pages.
[...]
> Is this indeed useful? Does anyone have any comments?

wow... i think that's great...

adding a page to the wiki is deceptively simple... edit the front
page, add a TwoWord thing like that, without spaces, let it draw...
then click the question mark next to it and you should be able to
create the page linking to it...

as for your summary, it looks good...

i'd like to note that the delayed email wasn't the only precipitous
event... that actually was a response to the assertion that access
to the servers and ability to admin lists had been handed out to a
group without admin's knowledge, consent, or heads-up, effectively
making admin feel snubbed...  the delayed email issue was thrown
back as an example of admin's inefficiencies... some of that initial
discussion took place on admin...

i've tried to make that as clinical as possible, without qualifying it,
but it's hard when you're talking about people's feelings and
perceptions...

under fact-finding, thesite doesn't necessarily work... if i recall
correctly, the decision to build a voting app was handed over as a
request, and it's languished... may need to verify that, but it was
another post and isn't covered later on when you mention thesite
again...

for the list of who's on admin, dan is not on admin...

CYA means "Cover Your Ass"...

and i agree that i am the moderator, and too opinionated....

and now that i see it again, i kind like the 'mantra' as marlene
framed it...