[Theforum] Summary of the entire discussion

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 24 03:18:02 CDT 2002

> > An admin structure shall be established with four separate functions
> > each of which is to be made up four groups of people.
>This is the thing which I think needs to be fleshed out next - how many
>groups do we need? What are their purposes? Etc.. I've got a list of groups
>I've thought of here: http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/TaskDivision.

I think we should limit the number of groups and the number of members of
one group to 7 at max. More groups will create confusion and lots of
overlap. The CMS group, for instance, needs to use a server side language,
CF or PHP. Then why make it a separate group? For that matter, why both PHP
and CF? Besides, are there enough volunteers to fill all these groups?

Within one group more than 7 members aren't necessary (and I think the
optimum is 4 or 5). With 8, 10 or 12 members discussion will slow down
noticeably, while no new viewpoints will be offered; at least, that's my

So I think your proposal has too many groups and I'm more in favour of the
five Monkey groups shown at

Come to think of it, doesn't Interaction Design require to give users at
most 7 choices at one time? This might be another application of the same