[Theforum] Summary of the entire discussion

Brian King BKing at Impact-Technologies.com
Wed Apr 24 08:01:40 CDT 2002

I think that's a very valid point.  I would recommend that the direction to
the groups actually come from the Steering committee.  I would recommend
that the people on the steering committee do not do double duty as a group
leader, to minimize self-interest service, (only if it's viewed as a
potential problem, cause it could limit use of potential skill sets).

The Steering committee would give the overall direction to the groups and
manage that direction so that the combined effort of the groups results in a
contiguous product.  If the direction needs to be changed, the steering
committee would have the power to change it.  It would be like goal setting.
The Group Leaders would be free to determine how that goal was met and
divide and dispense the work amongst the group members.  This would set up a
system whereby proposals for change could also be submitted to the steering
committee members from the Group Leaders.

Example: Lets say you have a group designated to develop the Evolt website
pages.  They want to institute a thread based forum page, (as I have heard
discussed here also).  They would present their proposal to the Steering
Committee and if accepted, the Steering Committee would assign the task of
administering and moderating those pages to the respective groups.

Brian