[Theforum] Summary of the entire discussion

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Wed Apr 24 12:55:53 CDT 2002

> So I think your proposal has too many groups and I'm more in
> favour of the five Monkey groups shown at
> http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/rethink/RestructureDiagram

I'm not sure where to put my comments and thougths on this structure so
I'll just put it here (don't mind my open-ended musings). :)

- There will always be certain positions which will have to go beyond
any sort of term limit. I'm especially thinking of those who have root
access. I think we need to have people in each group who can *make
things happen* and those people also need to be active participants in
the steering committee (and another group if possible) so they can know
what is going on. In an ideal setting those *making things happen* will
approve and back what they're helping to accomplish. What do y'all thing
about that?

- I'm also concerned about the flux and flow of the steering committee
and the groups. I'm wondering about numbers and if we're going to have
any sort of limit on how many people in the steering committee or if
it's just going to fill up as needed.

- Isn't theforum right now the defacto "steering committee"?

- How do the groups communicate with each other? How many lists do I
have to be on to really participate? Are we having disconnect right now
between some of our groups?

amanda