[Theforum] Re: Monkey Groups (was: Summary of entire discussion)

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Wed Apr 24 15:26:04 CDT 2002

Amanda wrote:
>I'm also concerned about the flux and flow of the steering committee
>and the groups. I'm wondering about numbers and if we're going to have
>any sort of limit on how many people in the steering committee or if
>it's just going to fill up as needed.

Looks like 5-10:

"Made up of 1 or 2 members from each Monkey group. Every six months new
people are picked from respective groups and cannot serve consecutive
terms from that group(extenuating circumstances not withstanding of
course)."

I don't really have a comment one way or the other about the number, but I
like how the steering committee is made up of people from other groups and
there aren't people who are *just* on the steering committee.

>- Isn't theforum right now the defacto "steering committee

I think that's how it is supposed to be. But we do a lot more on
theforum. I was hoping that the VotingReqs document was even more detailed
that it is so it would illustrate what I'm talking about, but, alas, the
difference between the level of detail theforum went into and the level
the steering committee would probably get into isn't much
different. Nevertheless, take a look at it:

http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/VotingReqs

Now, if you remember the discussion that we had on theforum about this, it
got pretty detailed and even technical. There was a good bit of effort put
into to explain certain technical details in non-technical terms. I'd see
something like this prepared (maybe a little less detailed) that just
focused on the needs of the app and handed to the appropriate group(s) for
fleshing out and implementation.

I hope that makes sense. LIke I said, it wasn't the best example.

Main point: I think the steering committee would be a little higher level
and the groups would be for fleshing out details and implementing them.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com