[Theforum] Re: Monkey Groups (was: Summary of entire discussion)

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Wed Apr 24 18:10:38 CDT 2002

On Thursday, April 25, 2002, at 12:04  am, A. Erickson wrote:

>> Here's another way of thinking about it. You could view 'root access'
>> in this context as 'root access to the *organisation*' - the power to
>> do anything to the organisation.
>
> Well, when I say 'root access', I mean 'root access'. I don't expect
> everyone on the steering committee to be granted root access.

No, I would expect everyone with root access to be a member of
MonkeyRun. If you're not part of the group with the job of maintaining
servers, why do you have root access to production boxes?

Even if your main job is CF/db/whatever, if you need root access
you should also be part of the server admin group, so you know
about and have an input into any upcoming changes.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,