[Theforum] Summary of the entire discussion

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Thu Apr 25 00:19:52 CDT 2002

Martin said:

> On Wednesday, April 24, 2002, at 09:18  am, Peter-Paul Koch wrote:
>
>> The CMS group, for instance, needs to use a server side language, CF
>> or PHP. Then why make it a separate group? For that matter, why both
>> PHP
>> and CF?
>
> ...and what happens when we decide to move away from both in
> favour of something else? Splitting those groups entrenches the
> self-interest of their members, making it very hard to change tack,
> compared to a general development group whose members can
> just go "Oh, OK then" because they own the decision more.

Hmm.I was thinking there of more how it is right now. Most dev work is cf,
and then deo is php. If we do want to split the tasks up into fewer groups
rather than more, though, we still need to sort out their main functions.

What do we think we need?

I notice that on the zope page for monkeygroups [1] only two of the groups
have pages for them. Do we wnat to go and add in something for all the
groups, even if it's only a short paragraph for now that's built on later?

By the way, Martin, is there a way to set up a zope page that will tell us
what's been changed since we last looked at that page? I think it would be
useful to get people working with the wiki more, since they could go
straight to new things insteadof having to trawl through the whole thing.

[1] http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/MonkeyGroups

Lach