[Theforum] quick change

Brian W King bking at impact-technologies.com
Wed May 8 10:01:41 CDT 2002

Elfur, I am sorry but I have to speak up on Dan's behalf on this one.

1) Of course the email was meant as a slap.  The words used in it could not
be taken any other way.  Maybe you should go back and reread it yourself.
Please see the post I just put up prior to this one if you can follow the
thread back.
2) I do agree that there have been personal attacks on Dan.  I think that
Dan has done an outstanding job of holding his cool through the last couple
of weeks in regards to that and I think that I, (yes even I), find it
offensive that you would suggest that Dan is out of line in expressing his
distaste in the face of the overtly cynical remarks thrown his way.  Dan
obviously also has a great amount of care for this organization, don't
minimize his points by dismissing them as retributive rhetoric.  That in
itself is an arrogant stance and is in itself is inflammatory.  Don't goad
someone into a defensive position and then slap them for being defensive.
3) Yes the problem does lie with a decision and the dispute therein, so stop
bringing the personal stuff into it.  And don't stand on a pedestal and
point the finger at those who are simply reacting to the finger pointing at
them.

Brian