[Theforum] quick change

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed May 8 15:02:33 CDT 2002

> From: "Miriam Frost" <miriam at members.evolt.org>
>
> > It went out to thechat who *unanimously* voted in favour. The
> > downsides for list members was also mentioned. I have had approx 1%
> > requests to have additional addresses subscribed or whitelisted -
> > all have been self-managed.
>
> Thechat |= thelist.

i think he was just drawing a parallel of how the vote could work...

> Also, considering Michelle's point about the ueue, I regret having
> plus one'd for closing thechat.

how does closing thelist affect ueue?  her point didn't address
that... someone versed in ueue might wanna speak up here,
because if this really *is* a problem, i don't know why it hadn't been
mentioned any of the other dozen times this has come up...

> BTW, I'm wondering why thechat is allowed to be spidered by Google?

it was never a closed list?

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself