[Theforum] Re: Restructure

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun May 12 21:08:49 CDT 2002

isaac,

thanks for kicking this off again. really.

i've thought about this a good bit, and i'm in agreement with everything
except one point you mentioned:

>Volunteers will be able to serve within as many groups as they deem
>relevant, but cannot be a rep for more than one.

Now, I know for a fact that there are people who disagree on this point.

I, for one, think the number of groups should not be unlimited. (excuse
the double negative)

I'll admit that I have a difficult time articulating why. But one person
in every group seems to go against the benefit of this structure.

A monthly report would be made by each group and made public, so one does
not have to be in a group in order to know what's going on.

checking the wiki...

It also presents a problem. The docs on the wiki allow for a single person
to serve consecutive terms on the steering committee, as long as they are
representing different groups.

"Splitting things into smaller, more well defined groups like this also
allows people within those groups to focus on that particular task"
http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/MonkeyGroups

"only allowing people to join like 3 of the 5 groups might be a nice
idea. This would increase focus on the groups people are in, and get rid
of some of the cross-pollination problems we have now"
http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/MonkeyGroups

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com