Prioritisation vote: [Theforum] Re: meo

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun May 19 11:14:25 CDT 2002

Madhu wrote:
>I would switch 3 and 4. Much of the evolt.org PR is thanks to the browser
>archive. It's part of our "brand". It's also been around for a long time.
>Just imagine the general Netizen reaction if we abandon the well-known
>beo versus abandoning the relatively lesser known meo.

relateively lesser known? sure, maybe meo doesn't get mentioned in
articles, but we can't take down the application form for more than a day
without getting emails asking when it will be re-enabled. We had to go to
only approving certain applications because the service was too popular.

we have 232 accounts totalling 3.3G on the meo machine, each from
well-contributing members of the community.

ending beo means no one can use beo anymore.

ending meo means each and every well-contruting member on meo has to find
a different home, and maybe even have enough time to set up a redirect so
that links get updated, etc.

couple that with the fact that it will probably be much easier to find a
home for meo than beo.

it's your vote, madhu, but i think it's wrong to put PR over our members.

--

oh, and

+1

to the prioritation martin set forth, with the understanding
that we could put weo and leo on the same machine, and that I really see
them as equally-important priorities.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com