[Theforum] list admin -- vote?

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue May 21 11:44:16 CDT 2002

At 07:18 PM 5/21/2002, aardvark wrote:
>who is cool making all folks at the below url into temporary list
>admins until we get this all sorted out?
>http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/ListManagement

Aye.

>please keep in mind, being a list admin means, at the very least,
>getting a few hundred messages a day of bounce notifications...
>when i started, it was over 1500, but i've got it down to about 800
>now...

Holy shitake mushroom!
Does that mean that *each* of the list admins gets 800 notifications? My
ISP mail account allowance is only 5 MB and with a couple of hundred mails
each day, 800 extra would go over quota. Also, I'm on a dialup, which means
I check mail only 3-4 times a day (we pay by the minute here). Would it be
possible to switch off notifications and see them only by logging into the
admin interface? I'm happy to help out with list admin, but will probably
not be able to deal with the email notifications.

Why do so many addresses bounce anyway?

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon