[Theforum] BEO again

Isaac Forman isaac at triplezero.com.au
Wed May 22 01:51:24 CDT 2002

Further to previous suggestions relating to the bandwidth usage of BEO and
the costs involved in keeping it online, is the following a valid
suggestion?

I'd guess that at least some (if not, a good amount) of our BEO bandwidth is
used by people downloading new browsers: the latest Mozilla, IE6, etc.

Could we consider removing browsers (and linking to their official source)
until they are not available as such? So, we'd refer people looking for IE6
to MS, and the latest Mozilla to Mozilla's mirrors, while still serving
those looking for older stuff like Netscape 3 and whatever else.

Thoughts?

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au