Prioritisation vote: [Theforum] Re: meo

Lauri Vain lauri_lists at tharapita.com
Wed May 22 02:41:04 CDT 2002

> > I think we should go with the 'distributed processing' idea to save
beo
> +1

Glad that we agree on this one.

> Meo isn't about general hosting though - how many hosts can
> people buy that have chilisoft asp, php, cgi, cf...?

Nice point - there aren't all that many hosting companies around that
provide all of them.

> I still wouldn't know squat php if not for meo, for example.

PHP can easily be learned by setting up a server on your own box (I know
dozens of people, who started out like that). ASP and CF are trickier,
however.

Still, I think that we should put beo higher on the priority list than
meo hosting. Meo mail, I imagine, won't be much of a problem, but
hosting is due to the increased box requirements. We should of course
see what we can do to save it. Who knows, maybe we really will be able
to raise enough funds to continue the service. In the case we don't, we
should temporarily discontinue the service and try to get it up a bit
later when we have more means to do that. At the moment we should
concentrate on saving the most needed and most unique (not to say that
meo isn't one of them) 'eo-s.

Cheers,
Lauri