Prioritisation vote: [Theforum] Re: meo

John Corry john at neoncowboy.com
Wed May 22 03:35:27 CDT 2002

> Still, I think that we should put beo higher on the priority
> list than meo hosting.

-1

Why does evolt.org need to expend preciously limited resources to host
software downloads that are *already hosted elsewhere*?

And if they're so obscure they aren't hosted elsewhere...what is the
point of being the only place where they're available?

I am dumbfounded that a community of web developers would value a
resource where you can download a copy of a browser that maybe 4 people
in the whole world are using over a free web hosting environment that
represents just about all of the development options our members use
(with the willingness to expand to include more, as desired).

Yes, I have hosting space that outperforms meo that I have access
to...that was not always the case. When I first got into PHP, I used
fredom2surf and it was LAME compared to meo.

Meo is extremely valuable and an incredible thing to offer to our
members. It is also the most marketable asset we have. How many people
do you think would contribute to keeping beo open?

jpc