[Theforum] funding options

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Thu May 23 17:29:21 CDT 2002

Ron Dorman wrote:

>> I also think we won't get 850 paying members. Some will say "fuck dat
>> shit" (including probably *all* the freeloaders), and some just won't
>> get round to paying.
>
> probably not all the current members, but there is a double win
> situation here.  the freeloaders will go away, providing some cleanup.
> what is left will provide consistent funding that can, and probably
> will, grow.

i have a concern here, afaik, there are many young developers there who

play with their meo space who probably won't be able to pay for the service,

it was all over the survey results, and i know that one of the main
purposes of the service is to serve such dudes

anyway i'd like to know what matt thinks about it, since he's been quite
involved with meo

for the record: i'm not trying to hijack the funding plans, but to help
them stay within the original purpose and spirit, i'm aware that we'll
have to loose on some side.

we can't will all the battles, but we can try!

--
javier
http://mantruc.com