[Theforum] Re: funding options

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu May 23 22:36:54 CDT 2002

> if we get them to pre-pay for the year, then it's only once... if we
> get quarterly, then it's four times a year... etc...
>
> ideally, we should push for that since the administrative hassle to
> us wouild be less...

I agree, but I still think that affiliate hosting with an evolt.org
commission would cover the costs of evolt.org (including MEO as it currently
stands). I'd rather run surveys on that before we throw "MEO to become paid
service only" fear into MEO users.

How about a mini-survey right here and right now:

Of the people on theforum, please indicate whether you have smallish sites
hosted (and how many). Also indicate whether you would shift these to a
quality host offering comparable features if that host provided a kickback
to evolt.org.

---

I'll lead. I have 20-30 small businesses paying around the USD$7-10/month
mark for limited space, low bandwidth, single datasource, and CF.

If there was a company who could offer the same service in Australia (US
hosting is too slow for sites with largely Australian audiences), and who
would pay a commission to evolt.org, I would strongly consider moving these
sites.

---

To meet USD$800/month in costs, we'd need 800 sites ($10/m, 10% commission).
I'm one user out of thousands, and I can offer 20-30.

Anyone else? Even if you only have a portfolio site, etc, please speak up.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au