[Theforum] give at evolt.org

Marlene Bruce marlene at digitizethis.com
Sat May 25 17:18:46 CDT 2002

Hey folks,

Even if we don't have all of our donations problems solved, I think
we might as well move forward with making it possible for people to
give to us. To do that, we need to:

1. Set up an address for give at evolt.org. I would be a recipient of
that address and we need one other recipient (for accountability and
back-up). Who should that be? I had suggested Elfur previously, but I
don't really have a strong opinion one way or another.

2. Create a "Give to evolt.org" page on our site. Should it be under
Community News or the FAQ category, or somewhere else? I've tweaked
the text at: http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/HowToDonate. I
think the only thing it needs now is our P.O. Box address.

3. Get a P.O. Box. Since my nearest post office has a month-long
waiting list, I'll go to another one and get us an address there.

4. On all sections of the site add a "Help support evolt.org" link in
the side-bar (above the fold) pointing to the above page.
Alternatively it could go under the "Browsers | Lists | Tips ...."
links, or in the black span next to the drop-down menu. Any
preferences as to placement?

In the meantime I'll see about setting up a sub-account at my credit
union to hold just the evolt.org money.

Who can set up the email address for us?

Thanks,
Marlene