[Theforum] m.e.o. management

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Mon May 27 02:28:52 CDT 2002

Marlene wrote:
>I'm confused about who the m.e.o. manager is. I had the erroneous
>impression that Matt was that person, but he's indicated that it's
>not his responsibility

Good god...

Before we all go ranting and raving about how there's rampant misuse of
meo, could you give me... oh... i dunno, a week to actually get settled.

You do realize that I've only been handling apps this go-around
for... (checks watch) about two and a half days now.

I could use a day or so to figure out what works and what doesn't, for
me. What I said to Martin, Marlene, is that going through the accounts
one-by-one is insane.

I mean, seriously. I just spent 3.5 hours (literally) until 3am trying to
write some scripts that will make my job *do-able*. I found your lone .mp3
file, didn't I? I also dug up a good 20-or-so other violators.

Give me a chance to fuck up before you start criticizing me, please.

However, what *does* need to be taken care of is someone to constantly
monitor this:

>Those people
>who *are* using their account for skills growth, but *aren't* giving
>back to the community would be required to start participating *or*
>contribute monetary support. We could really use the money, if
>nothing else.

Which I've already said doesn't fall in my realm.

and... i guess we'll see about that multi-tasking theory...

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com