[Theforum] Re: meo barriers
martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon May 27 04:04:11 CDT 2002
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Monday, May 27, 2002, at 09:53 am, Warden, Matt wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>> Well how about nipping over to:
>> and filling in some of the desired answers to the criteria?
> I was actually there a good while ago, and put in my two cents where I
I saw that, yeh. Applies to everyone else (especially if you have
experience of evaluating hosting).
Was that before this lot were added btw?
We'll need SLAs? to cover most of the eventualities, but of particular
* SoftwareFailure? - this would not only have to cover
vendor-supplied packages, such as CF or ChiliASP?, but also our own
bespoke applications, such as the CMS and MG - WilliamAnderson
* BackUps? - frequency and speed of rolling back to a backup
* UpTime? - especially if we are paying for hosting
* Hours of support - 24x7x365?
* Method of support - telephone, email, trouble ticket
SLAs? must not be changeable unilaterally
* How are the boxes isolated from the outside world?
* Physical security? How many people (and who) will have physical access
to the boxes?
What are we prepared to offer in return?
email: martin at easyweb.co.uk PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
martin at members.evolt.org snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985 Edinburgh,
url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk Scotland
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (Darwin)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the theforum