[Theforum] evolt.org stuff

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Mon Jun 3 19:10:28 CDT 2002

Hey Dan,

>initial actions, bylaws, 'elections', etc, are what elfur has.

Sure, but she doesn't have the articles of incorporation document
itself, with the versions of those other documents you would have
filed in the process. But that now seems a moot point.

>when i say 'we didnt get approved', its because work on the various
>things that needed to get done didn't.

Oh, I thought it was an official rejection. To me "didn't get
approved" is different from "didn't get the paperwork together to
finish applying."

>i put a fair amount of time/$ in with my lawyer to create an initial set
>of bylaws to were tailored to evolt.org(irc voting, pgp voting, etc),
>and for the last 9 months, they've sat around collecting dust(for which
>i also share part of the blame).
>
>so i hope you understand how it would make me feel when only after I
>leave are you prepared to finally work on the documents i put the time/$
>into.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm sure you will recall the last
9 months were really crappy for me. You already know about my
divorce, the sudden (and devastating to me) death of my father, my
flood and property loss (I don't think I mentioned the theft of my
FEMA money by a supposed friend), my subsequent move, [9/11], my
lay-off from my job, a second move across the country, my search for
work...

During the events of the last 9 months, I really didn't have the
energy to additionally deal with all the strife and upheaval that was
happening with evolt.org.

So yes, you can easily and accurately point an accusing finger at me
for not working on evolt.org during that time period. But it just so
happens that I have now rediscovered the old energy I had for
evolt.org. Sorry if I didn't have that energy when it might have been
more convenient to your time-frame, but that's the way that
particular cookie crumbled for me.

I'm just stating the facts. I'm here now, and I'm now able to work on
getting stuff done again, and that's what really matters. I'm certain
the vast majority of people here don't really care to hear old gripes
any more, and would rather they not be brought up.

We care about what can happen now.

>if anyone thinks thats unreasonable, please let me know.

I don't think it's unreasonable to be bitter about things according
to your experiences and perceptions, many of us have been bitter. But
that's not what I'm bringing up, and I'm happy to continue to avoid
such tangents.

I just wanted to know if you would share your documents with us. To
me it seemed a very simple request, with either a "yes" or "no"
response. I guess I give up now. You're obviously not willing to pass
them over, and no matter how nicely I ask you don't seem inclined to
change your mind.

I won't waste any more of our time pursuing this with you further.

Marlene