[Theforum] Re: New evolt resource idea

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Wed Jun 5 14:41:58 CDT 2002

Martin wrote:
>Not if the listing were sorted by user ratings, and user comments were
>available

That would help.

But, it'd be just like articles on weo. Because it's been approved to be
displayed on our site, there's some implicit support by evolt.org.

If we publish an article on weo, we're saying that (say) the code works
and that it's a reasonable solution (i'm sure you can remember times
we denied an article because it was a bad solution, but worked).

Articles are also weighted heavier by users than comments for the same
reason.

I'm just making the point that evolt is already involved with book
publishers (glasshaus, for one). And that could cause conflicts of
interest or perceived conflicts of interest.

I'm not suggesting we dont do it. I'm just making that point, because I
felt it needed to be made... so we're at least conscious of it.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com