[Theforum] New evolt resource idea

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Wed Jun 5 16:46:34 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, June 5, 2002, at 10:07  pm, aardvark wrote:

>> From: Martin Burns <martin at easyweb.co.uk>
>>>
>>> We can't expect our visitors to do all that. There must be an easier
>>> way, if people are going through our site...
>>
>> Yes, give them links to the books where that's already done for them.
>
> hell, if we wanna allow *everything* to be a possible referral, then
> we create a 2 line app that accepts an ASIN as pasted in by a
> user, and creates a proper URL

Exactly how I do my booklist, except that I've also got fields for
author(s) & description, plus one to get round the fact that thumbnail
images can live in one of 2 places, and I've not spotted a pattern to
which one they use.

When I eventually have my production site running as Zope, then each
book will be a published object and will accept comments etc.

> -- hell, even sends them there, or adds a dozen to their cart...

Yeah, that *is* over-engineering ;-)

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,