[Theforum] hosting... where are we at right now?

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Fri Jun 7 14:20:31 CDT 2002

>martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com wrote:
>
>>SysAdmin are apparently working on requirements, although it hasn't
>>appeared on the wiki as yet. Last visible discussion on the sysadmin list
>>is at http://lists.evolt.org/sysadminarchive/2002-June/000038.html
>>
>>Marketing are working on a 'why give free/cheap stuff to evolt' statement
>>which is currently at
>>http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/EvoltEvangelism
>
>ok. how are these things related to ron's offer though? does he need to
>pitch about 'why give  to evolt'? i understand why thats being done(and
>it should be), and maybe i'm confused, but most of these things really
>aren't germane to ron's offer, or miriam/my inquiry.

Hi Dan,

It's my understanding that we can't move on any of our hosting
offers/inquiries (including Ron's) until we have the SysAdmin doc
detailing our requirements. As per Matt's email:
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020603/005341.html

We need to get both together before we can really pursue hosting anywhere.

Would someone from SysAdmin and Marketing give us a summary of where
each is on their respective requirement and statement?

I'd suggested each group set a deadline. It's apparent that we still
need them, so please provide.

Warmly,
Marlene