[Theforum] Re: thanks

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 13 11:01:11 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:40:16AM +1000, Lachlan Cannon wrote:
> Dean Mah said:
>> On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 03:02:24PM -0700, Marlene Bruce wrote:
>>
>>> I got a "message held" email indicating it was not yet delivered to
>>> theforum. Don't know why it woulda automatically come here, but it's
>>> probably because the treasurer at evolt.org address hasn't been set up.
>>
>> That would be correct.  Any e-mail sent to an unknown .+ at evolt.org
>> address ends up in theforum.
>>
>> So have we decided how to handle it then?  Alias to existing accounts
>> or create new central accounts (I hesitate to call them group
>> accounts) and use Web mail for correspondence?
>
> Sounds pretty good.

Ummm... It's a choice between two alternatives.

> Will these work with our existing evolt un/pws or should we e-mail
> you for them? What's the url going to be?  aeo/email ?

If we decided to use Web mail exclusively, I would set it up as (using
treasurer at evolt.org as an example):

1) Create a 'treasurer' account on m.e.o.

2) Alias treasurer at evolt.org to treasurer at members.evolt.org for
   incoming mail.

3) Have sendmail on m.e.o rewrite the envelope so that anything being
   sent from treasurer at members.evolt.org would appear to come from
   treasurer at evolt.org.

4) People (I hate to open this up to groups of people...) would use
   http://members.evolt.org/email/ and login to the 'treasurer'
   account to read and send mail.

Alternatively, people could use their own accounts and rewrite the
sender themselves.  However, I don't think that you can do that from
Web mail on m.e.o.

Dean