[Theforum] another online community in trouble

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Jun 19 22:51:35 CDT 2002

> I strongly disagree. It should be a place that fosters community in
> addition to being a learning space. To that end, we can make it a lot
> better than it is.

MEO should be learning and interaction. Valid resources and learning should
be free. Interaction is something we encourage (ideas later). And the
premium accounts (more space, blogs, MEO email account, etc) are charged
for.

I've proposed evolters.org before to split the social side of evolt.org from
the professional part, and I'll do so again.

Evolters.org should feature members, community text-ads, highlight blogs,
advertise beervolts, etc. Thechat should be rebranded to become the social
list [evolters] of the domain. It should be much more exciting than what you
currently see when you hit WEO, which is the purpose-driven and somewhat
bland professional side of evolt.org.

isaac