[Theforum] Re: [Content] Mail Alert! - Sat Jun 22 31226

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Jun 22 14:22:26 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "Garrett Coakley" <garrett at polytechnic.co.uk>
To: <content at lists.evolt.org>
Cc: <theforum at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 8:00 PM
Subject: [Theforum] Re: [Content] Mail Alert! - Sat Jun 22 31226

> On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 19:37:50 +0100 "William Anderson" <neuro at well.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I would answer this, but I, erm, can't.  Do we have a definitive
> > answer to the FTP issue yet?  We've been looking at possible
> > solutions over on sysadmin, but it would be nice to see the initial
> > FTP problem solved ...
>
> [cc'd to theforum as I think this suggestion covers many groups, god
> knows what it'll do to everyones filters though *:/]
>
> beo is returning a HTTP 503 error everytime someone tries to download
> a file. 503 is an 'Out Of Resources' error (due to the throttling),
> but what actually comes up in the alert (on moz at least) is 'Login
> Incorrect'. Hence the amount of emails about people thinking they need
> to login.

But the 'login incorrect' error IS correct in that anonymous FTP connections
are being refused - from what I can see, any HTTP errors are unrelated, and
beo appears to be running normally in respect to loading anything else from
it over HTTP.  This looks purely like an FTP issue - has anyone checked the
proftpd.conf to see if there are issues with it?

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'