[Theforum] half the battle - finance time

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Mon Jul 15 10:32:12 CDT 2002

>tagwear
>	- we already have a supplier and have invested money into
>	re-usable screens

Righto. We need to figure out where we're going to get the money to
produce the original run of stuff to sell. Or has our manufacturer
agreed to be paid at some future date?

>donation drive
>
>and i'm sure there are others that i've forgotten.

There's a list of ideas at:
http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/FundRaising. There's also the
potential income from evolters.com, which Isaac is working on.

>now, as i understand it, our main stumbling block is *how* we're gonna
>accept money from everyone who wants to offer it (in one way or another).

That's part of it. Right now there's PayPal. There's more the Finance
team has to research at
http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/ReceivingMoney. I won't have
time today, but later in the week...

>personally, i think we ought to
>go with the donation drive next while we still have a definite $$$
>target. in a way, our members should be able to decide whether we're worth
>$10/each donation to save. if we're not worth that, then i think we're
>going to a lot of trouble for nothing. i think we are worth that. and i
>think a lot of oru members would agree.

I agree. (We need to keep in mind that some members won't be able to
afford it because of currency differences, student status, people
unemployed, etc.)

>other than the "support evolt.org" link that
>has recently shown up on weo, we've never even really made it apparent
>that we *accept* donations.

Don't forget the "Help Support evolt.org" article
(http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/) and the links to that page
from m.e.o.

But yeah, there's certainly more that can be done.

Cheers,
Marlene