[Theforum] spell checking on article

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Aug 1 12:37:23 CDT 2002

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Daniel J. Cody wrote:

> I sent content list an email about this earlier in the week,

Didn't hit the list at all.

And as this had nothing to do with content (nor would there be any reason
for it to do so) until a couple of hours ago, why send it there rather
than to either here or marketing - the two groups who *were* actually
looking  at it?

Further, it's only been approved about 10 minutes. As you don't have a
view of unapproved articles, I'm not sure that you've a valid point with
"I've been saying it's wrong for ages"

>but it's still spelt wrong or no one cared to fix it

> http://evolt.org/article/Downtime_this_weekend/18/35810/index.html

> Milwaukee not Milwaulkee

Fixed within 5 minutes of the first report.

Also starring in fine email     | "Names, once they are in common use, quickly
productions such as             | become mere sounds, their etymology being
martin at members.evolt.org        | buried, like so many of the earth's marvels,
martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com | beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie