[Theforum] ADMIN: Downtime will disrupt meo email accounts

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Aug 1 19:13:45 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "Madhu Menon" <webguru at vsnl.net>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Cc: <theforum at lists.evolt.org>; <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 8:33 PM
Subject: [Theforum] ADMIN: Downtime will disrupt meo email accounts

> Hi gang.
>
> As you all probably know, evolt.org will have some downtime while our
> servers are moved to a new facility (check the evolt.org home page for
> details in case you missed Martin's earlier email).
>
> Another effect of this move is that the members.evolt.org server will
> be unable to handle incoming emails or forward them elsewhere. So if
> you actively use your members.evolt.org email account, now would be a
> good time to make alternate arrangements. Otherwise, all emails to
> you will bounce for about a week.

Um, can we confirm here that we're NOT leaving port 25 open on any system
over the weekend until leo/meo/eo is all up and running in its new location
and DNS has been configured correctly?  If this IS the case, NO mail will
bounce - it will be queued.

If so, let me know, I have a clarification mail ready to go.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'