[Theforum] status.evolt.org proposal

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 16 14:53:21 CDT 2002

> From: "William Anderson" <neuro at well.com>
> >
> > Except that some of our newer members may be left perplexed about
> > what meo, weo, seo, deo, leo, oreo, etc. mean. Perhaps an expansion
> > would clarify it?
>
> well that's why to the left it says dns, evolt.org, lists, members,
> browsers, etc but perhaps a more comprehensive "about status" page
> would be in order - could free up some space at the top ... "Welcome
> to status.evolt.org - what's this site all about?  <a>find out
> more</a>"

or does he mean the abbreviations aren't useful to people not in the
know?  that's an easy fix:

<abbr title="browsers.evolt.org">beo</abbr>

assuming you want to stick with the de facto shorthand notation...

looks good...

i'd also be down with it as an evolt boxen, althought we already
have an godly amount right now...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself