[Theforum] 50% more

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Thu Aug 22 13:25:10 CDT 2002

>We need more than that to cover current costs.

Absolutely.

>How's things with the
>bank account and PayPal going?  Any closer to being able to accept
>donations?

A couple hours ago I wrote the following to Steering:

In the short-term I've added my personal bank account to PayPal (and
it's verified now) so we can keep donations we receive, but it can't
stay that way forever.

We need to get the bank account stuff sorted out.

The bottom line seems to be do we want to become Non-Profit so we can
open a bank account in the US, or try to open a bank account
elsewhere? So far the "elsewhere" (UK) options haven't been as good
as we'd hoped (thanks for the legwork, Martin), and no one's offered
any other alternatives.

The last word on that was to start filing and we can make the
decision when we get to the point of no return.

The problem now for me is that I haven't had/made the time to start
filing. I'm helping start a new company, and I'm just plain busy. So
either someone else can take that ball and run with it, or we wait
'til I get around to it. Given everything else that I have on my
plate right now, I can't promise I'll get to it soon. I can certainly
still do my treasurer duties, but I can't do a lot more at the moment.

If anyone's willing, I'd be happy to point them in the right direction...

Thanks,
Marlene