[Theforum] Affiliate Hosting for evolt.org

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Mon Sep 9 16:36:31 CDT 2002

I have one issue we need to consider on the domain name chosen for the
affiliate hosting site.  We will need to get another security
certificate if we change the domain.  It will be difficult to get one
for evolt.org as we have no official status yet.  We can get
certificates in 1-2 weeks for established business and domains that are
verifyable through whois and official government registration documents.

this would suggest one of four options:
1) leave the domain name as it is
2) use a sub-domain of nweinc.net (Randy's company)
3) use a sub-doamin of csi1st.net (my company)
4) register a new domain

Sub-domain would be something like evolt.csi1st.net or
affiliate.nweinc.net.  Of course, we will definitely put a new face on
the site, whatever domain option we chose.

Ron D.