[Theforum] Fw: [xxxlist] ADMIN Note (was: FW: Please don't vote.)

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Nov 5 11:55:47 CST 2002

At 11:00 PM 05-11-02, aardvark wrote:

>not so sure i agree with that... the occassional one, sure... but a
>thread on voting should not exist even if *every* post has a tip...
>IMO, at least...

+1

>please keep in mind that list admin duties came with no instruction
>manual of any kind,

We use judgement.

> > any chance you can post a followup to clarify?   please?
>
>sure, care to suggest what i should say?

I have an idea. Thechat could always use a few more heads, so why don't you
post an introduction to thechat (for the new members), tell them what flies
there, and suggest it as a place for evolters to have a virtual beer. Tell
'em that politics and such would be more suitable there.

Then tell people to send mail about list admin and policies to
thelist-admin@ address so that one of the admins can act on it rather than
respond to something off-topic on list.

My 2 paise.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy