[Theforum] stats

Martin Paul Burns martin.burns at uk.ibm.com
Thu Nov 14 07:28:03 CST 2002

Comparing beo to deouk
http://members.evolt.org/martin/evolt/browser_stats.html

My back of fag packet interpretation:
deouk took 50% of beo's traffic when it launched. Total traffic continues
to grow at about the same rate as it was, and just about all that increase
is being absorbed by deouk.

(notes for the obsessed: that page was put together by the technical
preview of MM Contribute - it's very nice: DW for the non-web skilled which
you as an admin can lock down in terms of which bits are editable, and
restrict certain coding styles (eg enforcing ALTs)).

___

William Anderson wrote:
> Martin Paul Burns wrote:
> > [snip]
> > 1) beo downloads are now by FTP so don't appear in the HTTP logs -
> > anyone got any idea how we can measure it?
>
> Webalizer can read proftpd logs as left in /var/log/xferlog ... i'll look
> into this.

http://browsers.evolt.org/ftpstats/

this is for beo transfers only, and not for meo user traffic