[Theforum] treasurer's report II

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Nov 15 12:27:10 CST 2002

At 11:39 PM 15-11-02, seb potter wrote:
>More to the point, if people can see that others are donating larger and
>larger sums, they tend to feel that there's less need for them to become
>involved. (The exception to this is when a target has almost been
>reached. People love being the one to give that last little push.)

+1. I wouldn't want to feel like a lowly miser donating just $10 when Joe
RichBoy over there has given $100.

I'm in favour of a monthly wall of fame with just names of people who have
contributed, not how much they have given. $300 may not be much in USA, for
instance, but it's a graphic designer's monthly salary here in India.

Remember that there are also a fair few people (all on this list) who
devote time and effort for free to keep the community going. They may not
be able to donate money, but they donate time. Time = money. Expertise =
money.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy