[Theforum] treasurer's report II

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Nov 23 11:39:13 CST 2002

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Marlene Bruce wrote:

> Martin wrote:
>
> >$830 collected so far (238GB total since August - see
> >http://members.evolt.org/martin/evolt/browser_stats.html
> >for detail) from eouk,
>
> Martin, where did the $830 come from? If there are there donations to
> e.o.uk that I'm not aware of, can you pass those along for record
> keeping?

It's the monetary value to evolt.org of the bandwidth eouk has provided so
far - 238GB (to end Oct) @ $3.50 per GB (ie the marginal cost to
evolt.org if evolt.org were to source it through evolt.org's normal
channels - that's also probably a useful way of accounting for the
donation of facilities Ron's making).

eouk is a separate group of individuals btw, so cannot be considered as
part of evolt.org's finances except in terms of monies, goods or services
collected or spent on behalf of evolt.org, or transferred to or from
evolt.org. At the moment, the only thing that applies is the bandwidth
donation.

As a matter of information (rather than of evolt.org financial record),
the cost of that bandwidth to eouk is $100+taxes a month up to a max of
400GB a month (plus ISTR paying $100 setup fees), but evolt.org needs to
account for it in terms of how much money evolt.org is saving over
providing the same service to its members but buying the required
bandwidth @ $3.50/GB instead of having it donated.